Waxing, Hot Wax and Propil
What is waxing?
Waxing: Hot wax
Hot Waxing is one of the easiest and longer lasting ways to remove hair and keep it away.The more you wax the less hair regrowth you will have. Hot wax is fast a favourite at Esteem Beauty .
It is suitable to use on your:
- Sensitive skin areas( Bikini area)
- Leaves no redness on your skin.
What is the main difference between hot wax and strip wax?
Strip wax is removed with a cloth strip whereas hot wax stiffens on the skin, meaning it can be peeled off quickly to remove the hairs.
Strip wax is good for:
- Arm hair
- the whole body
Hot wax is good for:
- Bikini line
- Male waxing
Q:How does hot wax work?
Hot wax is so effective because it is just that - hot. The heat encourages your pores and hair follicules to open up making it easier to remove the hair. Hot wax is able to cling to the hair as it dries on the skin it is super effective at stripping out that hair without irritating your skin.
Q:What should you do after your wax?
Post treatment avoid anything that is going to bring you out in a sweat. After waxing your pores are very open and are more vulnerable to getting blocked. Avoid exercise, sunbathing, really hot showers, swimming and saunas for at least 24 hours after your waxing treatment.
Q:Who is suitable for waxing treatments?
Everyone is siutable for both hot wax and strip wax unless they have any sort of specific allergy. Strip wax and hot wax are effective on everyone but hot wax is used more often for male waxing as their hair is thicker and their roots are deeper.
Q:When can you wax?
Hair can be waxed as long as it is half a centimetre or more..
- Lip - 15 minutes £7
- Chin - 15 minutes £8
- Lip & chin - 15 minutes £13.50
- Face - 15 minutes from £17
- Under arm - 15 minutes £13
- Full arm - 20 minutes £17
- Half leg upper - 30 minutes £20.50
- Half leg lower - 15 minutes £19
- ¾ leg - 35 minutes £23.50
- Full leg - 40 minutes £29
- Normal Bikini – 15minutes £16
- Extended bikini (G - string) - 20 minutes £20
- Brazilian Style - recommended for thong wearers 40 minutes from £31
- Hollywood style – everything off! - 45 minutes from £33
For a hot Wax System an additional £12 to the regular strip wax price for larger areas and £7 for smaller areas.
Please note waxing prices may vary depending on the length of treatment time and personal requirements.
What is Propil?
A post hair removal treatment with active ingredients that slows re growth by 50%
Esteem Beauty promotes the use of Propil is a superb Katherine Daniels Treatment which works like electrolysis in destroying the root of the hair therefore giving a slower, lighter, finer, sparser hair growth. Propil clients are advised to purchase a propil treatment lotion to use twice daily for 4 weeks after hair has been removed to continue to destroy the root of the newly formed hair. This treatment will help prevent ingrowing hairs as the hair is able to come through as the dead skin cells under the epidermis dissolve. Further waxing treatments will be less painful due to the softening effects on the hair leaving skin less traumatised and uncomfortable.
Esteem Beauty Waxing Packages
- FabFour: Lip & chin with ‘Hot Wax’, brow shape and tint - £33
- Full leg wax, bikini line and underarm - £40
- Brazilian, half leg, under arm - £45
- Full leg wax, Brazilian, under arm - £55